By booking, guests confirm they have read and understood all the undernoted conditions, including on Coronavirus Safety, and agree to follow the included guidance when on the property.
Confirmation of booking
A booking is confirmed only following payment of booking deposit, from spahouses and receipt of deposit on this confirmation. By paying the deposit guests agree to these conditions. Please ensure you read in full before booking.
If not using instant booking above, provisional bookings arranged over phone or by email are held for 5 days maximum. Guests must arrange deposit and email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm it has been sent with booking number noted in reference.
Property Guest Numbers and Travel Restrictions
By booking, an agreement made is between the owner and named individual making the booking for the short term holiday rental of an agreed property for their individual use and for any guests they invite up to the maximum capacity indicated. The booking individual is responsible for ensuring that any Govt rules / guidelines on travel restrictions, maximum numbers or household restrictions in place at the time of booking is not exceeded and failure to do so will be a breach of the rental agreement, which will lead to its immediate termination and retention of your damages deposit to cover damages to our business. Names and addresses of all guests must be provided before arrival, and during Govt restrictions, numbers entering the property will be monitored via CCTV. In particular, guests making bookings for arrival within 2 months should ensure that they are aware of likely restrictions on travel between Tier areas. No refunds will be given on bookings where travel or household restrictions in place at time of arrival were known at time of booking.
The rental fee and booking contract for the property is fixed and not dependent on any particular number of guests attending, change or cancellation of any third party arrangements or, excepting government mandated closure, restrictions on group size or composition instructed by government or other authorities.
The deposit paid will be returned if 16 weeks notice is given to cancel the booking AND the venue is rented out to another group at the same price otherwise the price difference will be deducted. An admin charge of £50 will apply . It is likely that the venue will be able to be rented out if you give sufficient notice. The owner has no contractual obligation to provide the property to you and may be prevented from doing so, eg flood, death or other force majeure. If the owner cancels the booking your payments will be refunded in full. No additional payment will be due to you.
We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance and in current circumstances, epidemic cover is recommended. Except for above circumstances, no refunds will be given if you are unable to attend venue for whatever reason other than government mandated closure of the property.
A change in date is a cancellation and rebooking and subject to above booking terms.
Good faith deposit
The online booking system will also take a refundable deposit for damages. Charges will be made for any significant damages to the property or damages to neighbours if you have not respected the community and peaceful environment of the area. Using the hot tub outwith permitted hours results in the good faith deposit being charged in full. If noise complaints are received you will be required to depart. Any calls to the police by neighbours will result in your departure. No refund of accommodation will be given. When we charge you for this the proceeds will be donated in full to a Scottish charity of your choice and receipt emailed to you.
Damages to furnishings and fittings are chargeable. We expect the occasional broken glass etc and don’t charge for this.
Outside area Silence
The outside areas of all venues are quiet zones at all times and silence is required after 9.30pm, therefore not suitable for loud and rowdy groups. You can play music inside the venue provided the windows and doors are closed at all times. No outside music, pa systems or entertainers are permitted except by written prior permission
Use of facilities and catering/spa services
Use of thermal facilities is entirely at your own risk and no claim may be made for accidents etc caused by improper use. The outdoor facilities are only permitted until 930pm each night. Breakdowns occur occasionally of spa facilities and use of all other facilities is not guaranteed and facilities can be changed at any time. Every effort will be made to carry out repairs but it is unlikely they will be able to be done on the same day of your stay as it is subject to engineer availability. Third party catering and spa treatments are not guaranteed and any other extra service do not form part of our contract as suppliers may become unavailable due to illness etc
No groups permitted where majority of guests are under 25, except by mutual agreement, and in these circumstances an extended security deposit may be required.
SpaHouses cancellation policy during COVID pandemic
Updated January 2021, Valid for stays until end of April 2021
Although our booking terms outline that the booking is for the property as a whole and not for a certain amount of guests and that travel insurance was required, we appreciate that COVID 19 continues to cause disruption and financial hardship to guests and small businesses alike.
Due to ongoing uncertainty, and to make our policy clear for all, all bookings, existing and new, will be subject to the following conditions regarding cancellations / changes of dates for bookings starting before 1st May 2021. For bookings starting on or after 1 May 2021, normal conditions will apply.
During periods when coronavirus restrictions apply directly to self catering, end of restrictions have not been announced or implemented AND when such restrictions materially* impact on their group size indicated at time of booking, guests will have the following enhanced cancellation options:
- If guest wishes to cancel less than 2 months before date of stay (and end of restrictions have not been announced to commence before their date of stay) we will assume current restrictions will likely still be in place and they will have option of receiving rebooking vouchers, a free change of date if same property, season and duration (both within 12 months) or a refund if the numbers in your booking confirmation are in excess of what is permitted.
- If guest wishes to cancel or change dates between 2 and 3 months before arrival, there is a possibility that coronavirus restrictions may no longer be in place by the date of the stay, but due to uncertainty, guests who cancel will not lose deposit as normal and will receive rebooking vouchers to value of any fees paid, valid for 12 months from original date of stay. Payment of your accommodation balance must be paid by the ORIGINAL due date.
- If guest wishes to cancel more than 3 months ahead of arrival date, it is assumed that coronavirus restrictions at time of stay may no longer apply. Standard existing cancellation terms and conditions apply as below. During periods where no coronavirus restrictions apply to self catering businesses in the local authority area where property is located, normal cancellation conditions will apply:
Guests wishing to cancel will receive a full refund of all fees paid when 16 weeks notice of cancellation is given, and after property is rebooked. Refunds with less than 16 weeks notice may need to be readvertised at a lower rate and refund will be issued less any difference in price obtained. In all cases, an admin fee of £50 will apply.
* small changes to original numbers allowed do not count as material, e.g. the booking was made for 8 people, and rules only allow 6 people to meet indoors
What you need to do next
Customers must notify us via email (email@example.com) of this at least three weeks prior to their stay if they wish to make amendment to date of stay or cancel (or as soon as possible if your stay is within the next three weeks)
In all cases, a change of dates will be a cancellation and rebooking. We will move all payments you have made to new dates and reissue a new invoice
In event of coronavirus restrictions requiring premises to close completely, guests due to stay during this period will be offered option of refund or rebooking.
IF YOU HAVE BOOKED THROUGH AGENCY (AIRBNB, COTTAGES.COM, TRIPADVISOR) CANCELLATION OR AMENDMENTS ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THEIR CANCELLATION TERMS. PLEASE MAKE ANY CHANGE OF DATE OR CANCELLATION REQUEST VIA THEIR PLATFORM
Coronavirus and your safety
Although we ask that guests booking to confirm that they are aware that only single households are currently allowed to meet indoors, and are therefore likely in contact with each other before arrival, and that the facilities are not shared with anyone outside your group, it is still vital that we follow all usual precautions to minimise risk of infection. We follow the Association of Scotlands Self Caterers cleaning protocols, which have been endorsed by the Scottish Government, and normally leave 4 days between groups.
The advice below is primarily aimed at groups consisting of 2 or 3 households, when allowed. (Single household groups are of course not required to follow social distancing guidelines)
- Guests will self check in via key safe
- All guests are requested to observe social distancing which, due to additional measures and max 3 households social distancing is 1m.
- alcohol handwash gel is provided throughout the properties and guests should frequently use these and wash hands
- Please follow signage to remind you of need for handwashing and social distancing
- Bed sharing unless with members of your own household, is not allowed
- Guests should always use their own allocated towels throughout their stay and preferably bring your own individual towels.
- Avoid handling one anothers glasses, cutlery and plates.
- Maintain good ventilation in the property.
- We advise that anyone over the age of 70 or suffering from any pre existing medical conditions that may increase risk of contacting coronavirus are not included in any group visiting.
- We ask the booker to keep a complete list and contact numbers of all guests staying for 30 days in case of infection, in which case guests should contact NHS track and trace with contact details of everyone staying.
- All guests are reminded of the need to follow social distancing guidelines while out and about in the local communities and to follow mandatory face covering instructions in shops and public transport.